Day 5 of a Trump Presidency and he’s:
- issued a directive to slash a number of refugees from resettling in the US
- drafted a directive looking into the re-opening of secret interrogation and detention centers operated overseas by the CIA (which Obama had closed in the first week of his presidency in 2009)
- given approval for Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines
- initiated plans for wall construction along the Mexican border, expected to cost $10.7 million/mile, ~$14 billion in total, and that doesn’t include the cost of maintaining/defending the wall
- discontinued federal funding of any NGO that promotes abortioncounseling abroad (last time this happen, THOUSANDS of women died)
- silenced social media use of certain government agencies (the National Park Service) and ordered a hiring freeze throughout the federal government (except national security and military)
- threatened to eliminate National Endowment for the Arts, National Endowment for the Humanities, and privatize the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
- set plans for both tax cuts and a net increase of government spendingprojected to bring US debt up to $10 trillion dollars
- blatantly lied about losing the popular vote due to illegal immigrants, his rift with the CIA over investigations of Russia’s interference in the election, and the size of his inauguration audience
Read more on Medium!